8.08.2008

Escape to Nelson: The Punks Are All Going Country These Days

I got an email from Moritz there the other day -- he's back in Quebec hard at work. I met him at a gas station on the prairies where he was only supposed to drive me one station over. Shit, well I ended up hooking him up with a place to crash for the night on Richard Amery's couch (music journalist extraordinaire -- currently getting an alternative weekly paper on the go) in Lethbridge. The next day we checked out hot B.C. chicks, saw coyotes, mountain goats and went swimming in the mountians. It was rad shit. And I got myself all the way to the Kootney grandness of Nelson B.C. -- where I spent the next week or so meeting, I swear, like the chillest dudes imaginable.

Moritz the photog architect...




A Nelson B.C. café.


Nelson B.C. hostal culture.

Moritz was once known as the Sea Otter by his friends, believe it or not. I do.


Fuck I miss this guy. Hats off to Richard Amery.


Locked on for a good night in Lethbridge.


For a slice of Lethbridge life check out The Slice.


"This goes out to original Z-Boy Jay Adams. Hopefully he stays out of jail this time."

"Ya, and just shreds pools instead."

--Atrophy Manuscript

Also, read the little piece my buddie Richard wrote that helps map the whole phenomenon of punk kids turning towards their more grassier roots. Apparently the fact that I spent two months of my life out in the prairies and enjoyed certain aspects of it, reflects some sort of larger societal trend. See what you make of it:




No comments: