8.02.2008

Oh where did that kid go?????

So I'm back in action, with flash in the pan pseudo-mathematical exaction -- I swear I haven't been ignoring all you guys.

But you find what happens when you go hard and start to do all the things you always wished you could -- sometimes you have to stay focused on priorities.

So here I am about to leave San Diego, California -- chilling with my buddie Chip, his parapalegic landlord, random surf bums (one of whom just up and left Vancouver "on a whim"), a Korean broadcast engineer, and a trader in futures, among others -- and I'm on my way to Baja California tomorrow to study poverty in the region via construction volunteering. Surfed two different breaks in the last 24 hours. It's fucking sweet dude.

But the road to get here has not been easy. Not to say it wasn't fun. I mean, hell, go drop off the face of the Earth in Tofino for a few weeks -- crashing out on all the beaches and soaking up the local history -- and you too will probably discover parts of you that you never even knew existed (West Coast chill -- like Whistler in a fog on the coast). Every ride, town and playlist a new rollarcoaster of amazement. Once again, I'm surprised I made it here. But that's how the oceans rolls. Hit it up one time and then kick back for a bit. Bumming it hardcore.

So essentially, this is the very first time I'm really had a chance to pop up a quick blog post, although I have a ton of good shit in the works. I wish I had time to post it all right now, but I can assure you I will be posting a whole ton of quality shit in the weeks to come -- even if my trip is over before I begin. It's just too amazing not to chornicle. From Nelson self-rehab to the crowded shores of La Jolla -- just prepare yourself for the onslaught to come.

And thanks to each and every one of you who have actually helped me along the way.

PEACE brohiems ;0)

No comments: