8.26.2008

Ferry to Nanaimo

Because before I went surfing I first had to get there:


I remember how waiting for the ferry was like being in an airport terminal -- the place had a cool sense of excitement and anticipation.


I imagine this being a crazy sort of motorcycle jump onto the ferry or something...


Fancy bright boats all docked up along the far edge of what we all now call Canada's mainland.


It should not surprise you that I loved the colour of the churning water stirred up by what I can only figure are propellers below.


You really can't tell it from the picture here since I just took a quick pic with my cellphone to help remember it -- but I have a strong memory of looking out into the sunny beyond, seeing small but strong and glistening waves flowing in consistently, continuously. My mind starts to drift away since I know I'm on my way for sure again...
The music starts to play on in my head like before...
...and I know it's not stopping anytime soon...



2 comments:

surfpunkkid said...

No worries.

Dude, if I was friends with you once (whoever you are it doesn't matter) then I'm friends with you still unless you've given me some sort of reason not to be. That's how I roll.

It might help if I knew what you were talking about though or who you were. Just email me sometime and lets set something up.

Anonymous said...

Guy. I just read what you wrote right now. Like, how many weeks later? Ahahaha. I'm one smart dumbass.

By the way, it would help if I had your email address!

Ah, well. If this is the best way to communicate with you...

Regina is crazy crazy crazy. University is crazy. Life is crazy.

Ah, there's too much to write in one little blog comment.

I want to hear about Toronto! I want to hear about your life. I think about you. Care about you, all that good stuff I do.

I miss you.
But you don't have to worry about
me.
If you understand what I mean. I think you do.

-Your most awesomeness Mexico Buddy.